Below is an example of yearly events.
For up to date guide https://www.weareweymouth.co.uk/blog/2018-weymouth-portland-events-calendar/
For sailing Events http://www.wpnsa.org.uk/events
For outdoor activities events (marathons, Triathlons etc) http://www.bustinskin.com/
Events can be subject to change/cancellation due to weather/operational restraints and conditions.
- Big Garden Bird Watch Walk - late January, a chance for some seasonal 'birding' at the RSPB Radipole Lake
- World Wetlands Day Walk - early February, a popular nature-related stroll around the RSPB Radipole Lake
- Half term events at Nothe Tavern
- Mothers' Day Stroll - mid-March, when a large group of people gather at the RSPB Radipole Lake to enjoy the local flora and fauna on offer at this time of the year
- Weymouth half Marathon
- Weymouth walkies usually on the last Sunday that dogs are allowed on the beach.
- Jurassic Coast Challenge - WP Sailing Academy.
- Giant Easter Egg Hunt - early April, fun family event appealing to all ages, taking place each year at Abbotsbury
- Continental Market - early April, a colourful event attracting a variety of European traders, held within the Weymouth Pavilion Forecourt
- Lake Easter Family Fun Day - mid-April, when various events take place at the RSPB Radipole Lake.
- Anzac Day Memorial Service - late April, on the Esplanade
- Bike night in Weymouth runs from the start of April through to the end of September and is held every Thursday 6pm-9pm
- Unfortunately the Beach Kite Festival lost funding in 2017 and no longer runs.
- Quayside Music Festival on both bank holiday weekends.
- Transport of Yesteryear – Jubilee Clock
- Oyster and Seafood Festival - various events relating to the areas important fishing industry, at Hope Square / Brewers Quay
- D Day Vintage and Classic Car Run - late May, large group of period classic cars gather at the Jubilee Clock
- US Memorial Day - late May, various events take place along the seafront
- Veterans Awareness Week - mid-June, featuring a parade along the seafront and also a service at the Weymouth Cenotaph
- Wessex Folk Festival - early June, a celebration of local folk music, with plenty of dancing and live music performed at various locations, including Hope Square
- Classics on the Prom - mid-June, various vehicles gather around the Jubilee Clock and attract considerable interest
- Chickerell Steam & Vintage Show
- Pommery Dorset Seafood Festival
- Porsches on the Prom
- Beach Volleyball Classic - late July, held along Weymouth Beach and often attracts many serious athletes. Trade stalls are also available
- Every Sunday – Live music – Greenhill Gardens, 2pm
- Portland Steam and Vintage Show - mid-July, held at the Southwell Business Park and full of classic cars, vintage steam engines, tractors, marquees, food sales, helicopter rides and more.
- International Themed Firework Display - various days over July, spectacular fireworks over Weymouth Bay
- Weymouth Lifeboat Week - early / mid-August, with a range of fundraising events in aid of the town's important RNLI lifeboats and rescue helicopters
- Weymouth Carnival - mid-August, with family fun all round, including a parade of colourful floats through the town, limbo dancing on the beach, flight displays by the Red Arrows, demonstrations by the Coastguard Rescue team, and a major fireworks display from a platform on the bay itself.
- Victorian Military Festival - mid-August, various historical re-enactments and other events at the Victorian Nothe Fort
- Quayside Music Festival bank holiday weekend
- International Themed Firework Display - various days over August, spectacular fireworks over Weymouth Bay
- Weymouth Keelboat Regatta – Weymouth Sailing Club
- English Heritage Open days – Usually first or second weekend in September, a chance to see heritage buildings not normally open to the public.
- Speed Week - early October, organised by the local Sailing Academy
- Beach Motocross - mid-October, with more than 250 riders from around the country, racing to crowds regularly exceeding 15,000 people
- Weymouth 10 - late October.
- Pumpkins in the Park - late October, Halloween celebrations in Greenhill Gardens, amongst the autumnal colours
- Guy Fawkes Celebrations - around November 5th, with thousands of locals and tourists gathering along the Esplanade to enjoy stunning seafront fireworks and other family related events, such as a fun Guy Fawkes contest
- Remembrance Sunday Service
- Christmas Lights Switch On - mid-November, official start to the seasonal Christmas celebrations
- Christmas Events - throughout December, various festivities take place all over Weymouth, including carol concerts and a pantomime at the Weymouth Pavilion Theatre
- Christmas Day – Swimming for charity in the harbour.
- New Year's Eve - December 31st, parties and celebrations as the new year arrives at midnight.