Booking Terms & Conditions
Any reference to either 'us', 'we' or the' Owner' in these Booking Conditions refers to Wendy Stait & Allen Edmondson. "You" is reference to the person making the booking who is responsible for ensuring all members of the holiday party accept and adhere to these terms and conditions. So that you understand the basis of the contract between you and us when you book your accommodation, we have laid out as clearly as possible, the conditions on which your booking is made. Nothing in these conditions affects your normal statutory rights.
The property/accommodation referred to being 67 The Maltings, Weymouth DT4 8SP.
1.Your booking. You must be at least 21 years old when you book your accommodation. The home isn’t suitable for Hen or Stag parties. Your booking is made as a consumer and you acknowledge that no liability can be accepted for any business losses howsoever suffered or incurred by you. When we issue our written confirmation to you we enter into a contract with you, which is subject to these Booking Conditions. We have the right to refuse any booking prior to the issue of our written confirmation, and if we do this we will tell you in writing and promptly refund any money you have paid us. You may not add to the party size stated on your booking form without prior consent from the owners. The maximum number of people to stay at the property is 5.
2. Paying for your accommodation A deposit of 25% of the holiday cost and an additional £150 breakage/additional cleaning deposit is payable within 7 days of the provisional booking being taken. At this point your booking becomes binding. The balance of the rental charge must be received by us no later than 8 weeks before your arrival date. Failure to pay the deposit or balance in full by the due dates will constitute a cancellation of the holiday by the holidaymaker. Please be sure to note the due dates of these payments as reminders are not routinely issued. If you book less than 8 weeks before the arrival date, payment of the total cost, including the £150 breakage/additional cleaning deposit is due straightaway.
On receipt of the full balance you will receive the key details and directions.
3. Cancellation of booking by you. The booking deposit is non-refundable. If you do need to cancel, it is important that you tell us, so that we may attempt to re-let your booking and minimise your loss. If we are able to re-let at the same price the balance will be refunded to you. We recommend that you take out a holiday cancellation insurance to protect you against this loss.
3a. Cancellation of booking by you due to Covid. We strongly recommend you take out holiday insurance to cover Covid illness and self isolation. Your booking is non-refundable.
4. Cancellation of booking by us. If we have to cancel your booking in advance for any reason you will be refunded the full amount of the booking. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
5. Damage to property. Please take care when staying in the property. You are responsible to the Owner for the actual costs of any breakage or damage in or to the accommodation, along with any additional costs that may result, which are caused by you or your party. These costs may be deducted from your deposit, but are not limited to that amount. Any accidental damage or breakages should be reported to the property owner (or their representative) prior to departure. Minor breakages and reasonable wear and tear (in the opinion of the property owner) will not be charged for.
Please read the information & appliances folder on arrival for guidance on using appliances.
6. Accidents, injury and personal property. The Owner shall have no liability to you for the damage, loss, death or personal injury to you or any member of your party. Vehicles and possessions are left entirely at the risk of the holidaymaker. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. Children should be supervised at all times.
7. Smoking. The property is non-smoking however, guests are welcome to smoke in the grounds well away from any entrances or windows and cigarette ends must be disposed of in the bin.
8. Website and advertisements. The Owners aim to ensure that the information and descriptions provided are accurately conveyed on the official website (www.sunnyweymouth.co.uk) and any authorised third-party websites or advertisements. We cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to local area amenities or attractions mentioned on the website or advertised elsewhere.
9. Parking There is parking for 3 cars, one space directly outside the front door for small cars, one adjacent in front of no. 69 and one in top residential car park in the numbered bay.
10. Key. The key to the house should be kept in safe place at all times and should not be given to anyone else other than those in your booking party. Should a key be lost then the price of a new lock and multiple keys will be billed to you.
11. Arrival and Departure times. You can arrive at your accommodation after 3pm on the start date of your holiday and you must leave by 10:00am on the last day.
12. During your stay. The Owner is entitled to refuse to hand over to you or to repossess the accommodation if they reasonably believe that any damage, drunken, unruly or anti-social behaviour is likely to be caused by you or your party or if has been caused. You cannot allow more people than you have booked to stay in the accommodation without our permission. You may not carry out any form of trade or business from the property, nor may you sub-let any part of the buildings. The house is in a quiet residential area and you must pay due consideration to the neighbours and avoid late-night noise (after l0pm).
The property owner reserves the right to enter the property, at a reasonable time, in the event of an emergency or remedial repair work being required.
13. Pets. The house has a strict No Pet/animal policy which is non-negotiable. This is for health/allergy reasons. If a pet is found on the premises you will be required to remove it immediately and may be charged for specialist cleaning. We are however unable to guarantee a 100% allergen-free environment.
14. Cleaning on departure. We would like to think the holidaymaker and guests would treat the property as they would their own home and at the end of the holiday the property is left in a clean and tidy condition. The property owner retains the right to make an additional charge for cleaning should the property not be left in a similar condition to the way it was found at the start of the holiday.
15. Problems & Complaints. Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday and to date we have had no serious complaints or problems. If however, you have any problem or cause for complaint it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return.
17. Electric Vehicle Car Charging.
Electric car charging is not permitted at Helenium and may invalidate our insurance. Please use available local charging points.